A small friday greeting

This isn’t a question or anything. I just wanted to express how thankful I am for the Purescript community and its existence. I’ve been working on a website the past 2 weeks using Purescript with Halogen and it’s been the absolute best project I’ve worked on for years. Things just work. This is a very good contrast for me because the past years I’ve been sticking with dynamic languages because they are in higher demand by the “market”. Prior to this project I spent 3 months on a python web application using Python and Javascript. Things did not work. I spent load of time on testing, it did nothing. Everything I tested didn’t fail and everything I couldn’t imagine testing failed. Now I’ve spent 2 weeks on this Halogen project and it’s almost done. I haven’t even started testing and this app is more stable than anything I’ve worked on for the past 5 years. I’ve been doing features which requires some difficult functionality and there seems to be no shortage of libraries and most of them are kept well up to date. And if they don’t exist I just write the functionality and it usually takes less time than hooking up to a really famous nodejs library just to realise that it’s riddled with bugs and weird behaviour.
I’m thankful for the people in this community who have spent countless hours working on libraries and documenting the things they are doing. Seeing real world applications really helps and it’s probably the biggest reason I was able to go into this project using Purescript. I’m looking forward to the future of Purescript and I hope I can start contributing as well as soon as possible.
To all of you I just want to say thank you, keep on Purescripting and have a great weekend <3

11 Likes