Advent of Code 2020: PureScript Edition

Hey there everyone!

As some of you may know, Advent of Code is taking place this month!

If you haven’t heard of Advent of Code before, it’s an event that takes place from December 1st through December 25th each year with a new programming puzzle releasing each day at midnight EST.

You can use whatever language you want to solve the Advent of Code puzzles (there’s someone who does it every year using Excel spreadsheets), so it’s a great way to learn a new language, get better at one you already know, improve your problem-solving skills, or just to have fun!

If you’re doing Advent of Code this year and using PureScript, drop a link to your solutions (mine are here). I think it would be cool to have a bunch of people sharing solutions so that we can see how others approach the problem and perhaps learn something new :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

This is also a wiki post, so we can add various folks’ advent of code repositories to a little table so we can all easily see each others’ solutions!

3 Likes

Here’s mine!

3 Likes

Here’s mine.

3 Likes

Mine are at https://github.com/ajnsit/purescript-adventofcode.

I left it midway last year. Hoping to complete it this year.

5 Likes

I haven’t finished a year yet either. Hoping to make it to the end this year :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I also created a purescript starter template for advent of code.
It comes with a CLI which can create bootstrap solution stubs, run solutions, and download inputs automatically!

4 Likes

I’m doing my solutions in Haskell, since my familiarity with Haskell is much less than with PureScript. I posted an equivalent show-and-tell for Advent of Code over in the Haskell Discourse, but I thought I’d link that here since a lot of times things learned in PureScript apply to Haskell and vice versa!

2 Likes