Archiving my 'Learn Halogen' repo

I thought I would explain this first before just doing it and having to answer questions later.

I’m going to archive my Learn Halogen repo. I’m also not going to update it to PureScript v0.14.0 / Halogen v6.0.0 before archiving it.

There’s two main reasons why I’m doing this. First, the Halogen repo’s documentation has improved since the time I created the Learn Halogen repo. So, my repo isn’t as needed as it once was.

Second, I’ve come to realize that I haven’t been spending enough time on improving my own skills and portfolio. Writing documentation or otherwise contributing to PureScript as a whole can often be a fun activity that unfortunately distracts me from accomplishing my actual goals. (For the time being, I have decided NOT to archive my PureScript Reference repo, but that might also happen sometime in the future.)

Fortunately, the Learn Halogen repo is licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0, so anyone can fork it and continue to maintain it.

At the very least, I hope the repo helped people new to Halogen.

17 Likes

I learn about type level programming and also free monad and lots of other techniques about functional programming and purescript and haskell using your Purescript Refrence Repo, thanks and please don’t archive it, maybe other people can send you PR.

1 Like

Glad it has helped, but I will make no guarantees. My reference repo may get archived in the future. It might not.

1 Like

Did you ever update it so that there were less named functions and more in place code?

I believe so. Perhaps it was done in #45?

Or perhaps you were thinking about something else.