Core team addition: Mike Solomon

I’m very glad to announce that @mikesol, who previously was a core collaborator for the annual survey, has joined the core team!

Mike has been a very active and inspiring member of our community for a long time now - he has been leading the work on the Survey last year, contributed to the compiler and more generally to the whole ecosystem, with great projects such as deku and ocarina.

Congratulations Mike, and welcome!
Looking back on this year that is about to close, I can say that it’s been a great one for PureScript, and I’m very excited to see what 2023 will bring for the language :slightly_smiling_face:

(See here for more info about the Core Team members, and more broadly our governance processes)

22 Likes

Thanks @f-f, and thanks to the core team and to the community. It’s an immense honor to join the core team and participate in the high-level stewardship of a programming language that I truly love.

This year was an exciting one for PureScript, with a new registry, a new spago, and a new optimizer amongst other innovations. It has also been an exciting year for functional programming, with Haskell getting first-class WASM & JS support and Epic Games revealing Verse. PureScript has been the vanguard of FP in the browser, and by extension FP for reactive systems, for nearly a decade, and over the upcoming years, it will be important to keep leading in this space and setting a high bar for what’s possible - not just technically, but also
intellectually and creatively. I look forward to being part of that journey!

14 Likes

Congratulations, Mike! Thanks for stepping up!

2 Likes