Front-end engineer role at Jane Street

I know this isn’t quite on topic, so apologies if this isn’t the right forum, but I thought this is a role that folk in the PureScript community might be interested in, even if it’s using OCaml rather than PureScript or Haskell.

The short version is: we’re looking to hire front-end engineers to work on the design and implementation of our next-generation of browser-based tools for operating our trading infrastructure. We’re building tools for expert users, and want to maintain a high UX bar while building tools that are powerful and flexible, so it’s a challenging domain.

I wrote a bit more about the role here:

And again, apologies if this is off-topic for this forum.

If you’re interested in learning more about how we build purely functional and incremental UIs in OCaml (using arrows!), you can poke around on our page about Bonsai.

6 Likes

it’s using OCaml rather than PureScript

I was about to say… Jane Street + OCaml are like peanut butter & jelly so it was a bit of a shock to see Jane Street + PureScript. Nonetheless, I don’t think anyone would be upset about a job posting as we’re all in the same ML family here.

Could you elaborate a bit more for potential applicants:

• remote or on-location (which locations)
  • visa provided or not
  • spoken languages in the workplace
  • full-time or part-time (or both, or flex)
  • salary ballpark
4 Likes

Users of statically-typed functional-programming languages have to stick together, I suppose!

Some of the above is answered in the Twitter thread I linked, but happy to put some of that here too.

• On location. We’re looking in London and New York, and you can see the jobs here and here.
  • We’ll help with immigration issues, but the details depend on the country you’re aiming for and your circumstances, so I don’t think I can answer the question definitively.
  • English is spoken in the office.
  • Full time
  • We don’t publish salaries for open jobs, but this is the same pay scale as Jane Street’s regular software engineering roles.
3 Likes