A few members of the community attempted to set up a
purescript-music discourse at discourse.klank.dev but it hasn’t really taken off after a few months for several reasons.
- The setup was too onerous and @afc and I could not devote enough time to ironing out the kinks. As a result, it’s currently in read-only mode.
- It did not have enough traction: there were only ~5 people that used it, of which 95% was me, so it kinda turned into a conversation with myself.
- Several of the questions veered towards general PS-related questions, which would be better served in this forum or on the community Slack.
As a result, what I’d like to do is:
- Shut down discourse.klank.dev
- Take the 1-2 most important posts (ie the FAQ for klank which has a few hundred views) and consolidate/publish them on this discourse instance using the Ecosystem tag.
I think this is the best way to preserve the most important information from the
purescript-music discourse while saving time/money/energy.
Does that sound ok to the community?