Pulp v12.2.0 released

I’ve just published version 12.2.0 of Pulp. In addition to a smattering of bug fixes, this release includes source map support by nwolverson, and the ability to use Effect as well as Eff for your program’s entry point without having to explicitly tell Pulp that Effect is okay to use as an entry point via the --check-main-type option.

To upgrade, simply run npm install [-g] pulp.

8 Likes

Great work! I’m excited we’re so close to the 0.12 release.

Is installing with yarn supported? I get the following error:

$ yarn global add pulp
yarn global v1.6.0
(node:45380) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.
[1/4] 🔍  Resolving packages...
[2/4] 🚚  Fetching packages...
error upath@1.0.4: The engine "node" is incompatible with this module. Expected version ">=4 <=9".
error Found incompatible module

If it’s possible to support Yarn without too much hassle I’m happy to do so. However, I don’t know what that error means, nor how we might go about addressing it, unfortunately. I don’t have bandwidth to investigate myself right now but maybe someone else might want to take a look?

Looks like @rgrinberg is probably using newly release Node v10, and pulp has an upper bound of 9. Probably just needs to be bumped unless there are major breaking changes that affect Pulp or the Node bindings.

2 Likes

Ah, of course. Pulp doesn’t declare an upper bound, but it looks like upath 1.0.4 has this restriction (although 1.0.5, released two days ago, doesn’t seem to: https://github.com/anodynos/upath/commit/c090951679bf15b274c0acd174ae996f38f278ef )

I hadn’t heard of this package before so I guess it must be a transitive dependency. I’ll see if I can see why it’s not using 1.0.5.

Actually if you pass —ignore-engines does that do it?

Indeed it does:

Pulp version 12.2.0
purs version 0.11.7 using /usr/local/bin/purs

Thanks!

1 Like