PureScript 0.13 Release

There is a new compiler release! Iā€™m very excited about this release as it includes a lot of internal changes for the grammar and parser, which opens up a lot of opportunities for syntactic tooling. I for one look forward to deleting our internal style guide in favor of a formatter :laughing:.

35 Likes

I also hope that this release will open up a lot of opportunities for syntactic tooling, both using the existing parser or even using alternative parsers (which are now possible).

curious question, does it mean I can use my own syntax as front-end for generating purescript AST or generating purescript code?

Not that your question is without merit, but you do realize this post is 2 years old, and that version 0.14 has been released? (announced in a much more recent post).

well, I just feel interested about that feature mentioned in the old release. I like making script languages compile to JavaScript. It would be fun if I can make a DSL and let PureScript compiler type checking and compiling it to JavaScript.