PureScript Inaugural Survey: Call for Help on 2022-02-28

I’ll post to the Haskell subreddit, but would you mind doing the others?

Ok, so to summarize, @thomashoneyman will do Haskell, @toastal will do elm & PureScript.

I don’t think individuals care about (reddit) karma, but it looks like reddit’s algos do when deciding whether or not to send push notifications.

Posted on FP Slack.

Posted on Zulip.

I’m adding the shareable links back over to the announcement post:

Live on dev.to

We’re on fire!!

4 Likes

For volunteers, I think that closes out the “intensive” period. The next two hours will be the monitoring-and-responding period. It’s possible that nothing comes in, but if there are any issues (a post needs to be taken down, the survey has some grave error that we didn’t flag in advance, a newcomer needs guidance, etc) let’s keep our :eyes: :banana: .

@thomashoneyman , we have a high bounce rate (around 95%) - I’m wondering if it may be the language thing? If so, I can make the default English. This will make Chinese and Japanese harder to find but may improve completion? I say this as a direct contradiction to my previous assumption, but the numbers don’t lie and it’s tough to know what’s up but it’s worth experimenting?

Also, when I say “high”, take it with a grain of salt - it could in fact be entirely normal, but it just feels high on a gut-check level.

Hard to say without knowing the typical bounce rate for a survey like this. I suspect we’ll have an extremely high bounce rate – easy to click the survey link, hard to fill it out right now. I, for example, have opened the survey twice but I won’t fill it out until later today.

1 Like

The “helpers” portion of the survey is now officially over. Thanks to all that helped out!!

2 Likes

fwiw I often open these kinds of things in a tab and come back to them when I have time, which most likely counted as a bounce even though I did complete it later

1 Like

I also accidentally closed my tab while trying to close my other tabs looking at the linked GitHub issues so I had to start over–probably counting as a bounce. I liked seeing tangible issues though.