PureScript v0.14.2 released

PureScript v0.14.2 has been released!

Below are a few highlights:

• the unused identifier warnings added in the previous release now have better source spans
  • type class instance names are no longer required as the compiler will generate names for you
  • Installing purescript on Linux no longer fails due to a missing dependency

All other changes are internal refactoring.

Full release notes below:

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release!

27 Likes

Wow! I did not know removing mandatory type class instance names had been so close to being implemented! :tada: :tada: :tada:

5 Likes

I have a bad habit of forgetting to rename these when I yank similar lines and end up with errors, or when I refactor a type and forget to update the instance name to match. I’m pretty happy with this being automatic for these reasons.

2 Likes

WOW… love not having to name my instances.

1 Like

Yeah! … however, unnamed/anonymous/whatever-you-call-them instances don’t show up in the docs :frowning_face: https://github.com/purescript/purescript/issues/4109

2 Likes

I’m getting version 'GLIBC_2.29' not found on our CI server, which is Ubuntu 18.
I know I can solve this by upgrading to 19 or 20.

But is there another way?

2 Likes

You could build the compiler yourself from source, or alternatively wait for the next release, for which the prebuilt binaries will be built on Ubuntu 18.04. I think we might put one out sooner than the usual 6 week schedule because of this issue.

Thank you @hdgarrood, I will consider my options.