PureScript v0.15.11 released

PureScript v0.15.11 has been released!

Thank you all who contributed!

Full release notes below:

10 Likes

Hi,

thanks for you great work.

One question: This is not supposed to work with older node-docker images right?
I’m asking because with node:19 I get:

node_modules/purescript/purs.bin: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found

That error should not be appearing. Looks like the issue is due to me building that binary (because CI failed due to some changes made) using GHC 9.2.5 rather than 9.2.3.

Is there anything I can do to help you out?

Unfortunately, no. I’ll need to rebuild the binary and reupload it to GitHub’s corresponding release. After that, npm i purescript should install the updated binary. It may require clearing the Node cache though.

Actually, could you run purs --version and see what the output is? I suspect it’ll say something like:

0.15.11 [development build; commit: 843c1097bab3fa9fe25e1f661f6af3ab95d3141c DIRTY]

rather than just

If that’s the case, then the version of purs installed then was the original one I built and uploaded before making this announcement, in which case this is a cache issue.

I’m sadly out of office till Wednesday but I guess it’s really the same as running it locally - so when I pull node:19 and install purescript inside I get this error during the install step:

pm ERR! code 1
npm ERR! path /test/node_modules/purescript
npm ERR! command failed
npm ERR! command sh -c install-purescript --purs-ver=0.15.11
npm ERR! [ SUCCESS ] Check if a prebuilt 0.15.11 binary is provided for linux-x86_64 (606ms)
npm ERR! [ SUCCESS ] Download the prebuilt PureScript binary (764ms)
npm ERR! [ FAILURE ] Verify the prebuilt binary works correctly
npm ERR! Error: Command failed: /test/node_modules/purescript/purs.bin --version
npm ERR! /test/node_modules/purescript/purs.bin: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by /test/node_modules/purescript/purs.bin)
npm ERR! /test/node_modules/purescript/purs.bin: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /test/node_modules/purescript/purs.bin)
npm ERR! /test/node_modules/purescript/purs.bin: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by /test/node_modules/purescript/purs.bin)

Is there a way to stop npm install from removing the installed parts if it fails?

UPDATE: Tried with --ignore-scripts but sadly it is noticed:

root@85da73e011d8:/test/node_modules/purescript# ./purs.bin --version
purescript npm installer: installation failed; please try installing again

UPDATE 2: Ok this is strange: When I install it on my host-OS (Manjaro - uses glibc 2.38) in the global pnpm it works :man_shrugging:

In case it’s noteworthy: It works inside a node:20 (seems to use a version 2.36 of glibc) version is:

root@2e8d6e006969:/test# npx purs --version

node:19 uses Debian GLIBC 2.31-13+deb11u6

I am running a debian 11.4 on aws lightsail. npm i purescript@0.15.11 is giving this error for all node version.
But, npm i purescript@0.15.10 is working properly.

Is this the issue of ghc ? Can we rebuild the linux build to fix this ?

Please try the 0.15.12 release. The Linux build was built via CI as normal.

1 Like

Hi - I can confirm that 0.15.12 seem to work on my home-rig using docker/node:19 - so I’m rather positive that this fixes the issue I’ve observed.

I’ll try this for one of ours CI pipelines once I get back to work on monday.

Thank you for your work and time :pray:

1 Like