Purescript-vim call for feedback / ideas

Hi! I recently took on the responsibility of maintaining purescript-vim, and I did my best in cleaning up the README file, as well as added a few minor changes (e.g. we now have a :help purescript-vim).

I would like to ask YOU, the Vim users to help me make the vim experience with purescript as good as it can get! For this, I would like to ask for your help: what kind of features would you like to be added to purescript-vim? What did we get wrong? How can we do better?

No issue is too small!

• Doc update? Yes!
  • Extra install instructions? Of course!
  • Changes/improvements to syntax highlighting or indentation? You bet!
  • Any new feature? Well… we’ll see :slight_smile: (*)

(*) purescript-vim currently only handles syntax highlighting & indentation. We’ll have to decide whether unrelated features go here or in a separate plugin.

So, if you have any sort of idea, post a new issue to the repository or comment here!

12 Likes

Thanks for maintaining the plugin.

I feel like the indentation rules are sometimes a bit off. I’ll try to come up with a descriptive issue, when I notice it again and can reproduce it.

Also consider submitting file type and syntax to vim itself.

Update

Here is an example where “in” on the beginning of a word accidentally triggers indentation:

5 Likes

I agree with @andys8. There are some problems with indentation which I face almost every time I code in PureScript. I’ll also create any issues when I face indentation bugs or any bugs in general.

3 Likes

Something is a little sketchy here

According to the docs, the plugin Is maintained by Vladciobanu · GitHub , an account created 26 days ago.

cvlad fp - YouTube shows a blog that 404s. The Twitch channel is missing too.

@cvlad you still exist? I’d love a review since I found a bug in the syntax highlighting and submitted merge request for review.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but this is her GitHub account, although from a quick Google search it looks like the plugin now lives under purescript-contrib?

Right and the listed maintainer is this 26-day old account on the README. Is that a mistake? Did the account name change? Is it still being maintained?

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s @Evie’s deadname. Can’t speak to whether she’s still active here or still working on purescript-vim, but that readme link was just never updated when she changed her name, it seems.

1 Like

that readme link was just never updated

Ah, my spider sense was tingling about a missing or even possibly a hijacked maintainer.

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s @Evie’s deadname. Can’t speak to whether she’s still active here or still working on purescript-vim…

That’s right. I’ve removed the maintainer badge from the README to acknowledge that the package does not have a maintainer right now.

I suppose this is a good time to say: purescript-vim is looking for a new maintainer! @toastal, I’m not sure when your PRs will be looked at, unless you’re interested in helping maintain the package, but hopefully we can find someone soon.

1 Like

unless you’re interested in helping maintain the package

I’m interested as a Vim user + PureScript user, but I’m not very qualified as my VimL skills are nonexistent. Those changes were modifying Regex which I can do XD

2 Likes

If any Vimmers wants to test out a new feature, I opened a merge request for conceal with Vim

Conceal with Unicode (disabled by default) by toastal · Pull Request #87 · purescript-contrib/purescript-vim · GitHub

1 Like