Semimonthly Online Meetup 2021-08-16

I think they swapped at some point and I never got back in sync. I’m really trying to participate.

1 Like

Sorry if today timing doesn’t suite you… but I don’t think that I’ve made a scheduling mistake today or recently - from the conversation above (timings of the post and their content ;-)) I was able to extract the exact timings :stuck_out_tongue:

2021.05.10 - 12:00 UTC
2021.05.24 - 19:00 UTC
2021.06.07 - 12:00 UTC
2021.06.21 - 19:00 UTC
2021.07.05 - 12:00 UTC
2021.07.19 - 19:00 UTC (today)

P.S.
I’m not sure how to use discourse in a better manner (like have a calendar for the next few future meetups) because we are using single thread and do editing of the topic event every time.

2 Likes

Or… Should we maybe just copy the final version of notes from notebook into the meetup thread as a post so they will be indexed by discourse search - what do you think?

1 Like

Maybe we could do both?

Oh, so it’s the same time every 4 weeks. I thought this happened weekly with the time changing bi-weekly XD

2 Likes

PureScript Online Meetup 2021 July 19

@gillchristian

• has been working on listas.io
  • started using global state with halogen-store
  • discussion about being able to mutate the local copy of the global state
  • website for fp streamers
  • on the backend there is Rust and this combo seems to work nicely.
  • we have discussed programming streaming - @gillchristian is doing PS/TS/Haskell programming on twitch.

@ursi started a discussion about postgres bindings (due to one of his coworkers making their own). In a response we are providing this list of existing libs related to postgres:

There is also higher level framework with postgresql backend:

We have discussed package discoverability:

• tag based system on pursuit

Another idea is to contribute to or fork (if not maintained!) existing ecosystem overview listings:

The question remains how to indicate which libs are actively maintained and which are used in production. One of the answer is that package-set can be used as indicator for living ecosystem pieces.

@Adriel showed a lot of progress in his canvas framework - I think that we can say it is TEA. This project looks really promising because Adriel cares about performance and Adriel is testing this against his recent project. Unfortunately there is no README etc. lunarlog/packages/geometry/src at develop · lunarcast/lunarlog · GitHub

@afc is thinking about (writing (?)) pair programming supporting application… and a lot of other stuff. Andrew also spawned a discussion about possible group blogging. Something like single blogging repo / web site with internal proof reading + discussion support channels for PS developers.

5 Likes

As it turned out I’m not able to help organizing the meetup for the next three to six months (I have 12 hour shifts on my current construction site job ;-)) After that period I’m sure that I can start organizing these events once again - I’m going to be full time into PS then for sure!

The next meetup should be on the next Monday at 12:00 UTC, so sorry that I’m writing so late.

1 Like

I am in vacation for a little bit more, so I won’t be able to host next week either.

Hey @paluh, are we having the meetup tomorrow?