Senior developer position at Klarna in Stockholm

Greetings, FP friends!

Background

We’re hiring a senior developer for our team at the Stockholm office. Klarna is a payments company, but acquired a banking license last year. Our domain inside the company is called “Core Banking” and is tasked with building the foundations for our banking platform.

In the domain we’re working with technologies such as:

• PureScript
  • Haskell
  • Scala
  • Clojure
  • Nix
  • Jenkins
  • AWS & Serverless

Our team is specifically working with: PureScript, Haskell, AWS Lambda

You Are

A senior developer, or an experienced developer looking to take the step into a senior technical position within the team. You have a bunch of functional programming experience - but not necessarily Haskell or PureScript. You’re a person who enjoys collaboration and exploring a problem together with other people through pairing or mobbing. You have strong opinions, but hold them lightly. You’ve built live systems and are used to owning a service fully (coding, testing, deploying, monitoring).

We offer

Culture - You’ll have an opportunity to work with people from 45 different countries in our English speaking office in Stockholm city center.

Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks. We also regularly visit conferences and will sponsor you if you want to speak at a conference.

Compensation - You’ll get an attractive salary, pension and insurance plans, along with 30 days annual leave. We recognize that life is more than work, and offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).

Relocation - We can offer full relocation support if you need it.

We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.

Get in touch

The full job ad, for the domain, can be found here. If you’d like to know more, please send me a direct message @felixmulder on twitter. Or e-mail me at “felix dot mulder at klarna dot com”. If you do, I can give you a reference link that you apply via, our recruiters will know you got it from me.

Cheers,
Felix & Kim

1 Like