I currently only announce new releases for Spago only on Twitter (but not every time, usually just for big news)
Since we release quite often (every two weeks on average so far) I think this is a more appropriate forum for this kind of announcements. Also for the same reason I thought it would be nicer to have a single thread with all the announcements instead of creating a new topic every time. If you think otherwise, let me know via DM here or on Slack, etc.
So here’s the first release announcement:
0.8.4 is out today
Release notes/changelog since
0.8.3 (see link above for links to relevant PRs and issues):
- Produce an error message when asserting directory permissions
- Read purs version from inside the set instead of its GitHub tag
- Skip copy to global cache when encountering a permissions problem
- Other improvements:
- Errors: add many debug logs
- CI: rewrite Curator in Haskell
- CI: build only
masterand tags on Travis
- Dev: add Nix section to stack.yaml
- Dev: tidy up the various executables, sources and dependencies
Additional note: ZuriHac
This weekend I’ll be at ZuriHac, which is (TIL) the biggest Haskell hackathon in the world. If you happen to be there too, let’s meet up!
I just relabeled some issues to mark them as available to “Beginner” and “Intermediate” Haskellers and I’ll be around helping anyone who wants to get started working on Spago
The main goal at this point is to hit some kind of 1.0, so I’ll be working mostly towards that (this weekend and in next releases). See you there!