Timeline of uncurry conversations

I have like 50 browser tabs open on this subject and I’m dumping the good links here so I can close all the tabs.

“I don’t particularly want to uncurry anything automatically, as it makes the mapping from PureScript to JavaScript less explicit.” Uncurry optimization · Issue #479 · purescript/purescript · GitHub

PureScript 0.6.0 Release v0.6.0 - "Holoship" · purescript/purescript · GitHub “The runFnN and mkFnN families of functions are now inlined by the optimizer”

Issue Why does compiler generate curried functions? · Issue #1686 · purescript/purescript · GitHub

Optimizing Purescript´s Runtime Performance

Pull Request Bundle and optimize by jutaro · Pull Request #2219 · purescript/purescript · GitHub

“The compiler now supports the --dump-corefn option” Release v0.10.1 · purescript/purescript · GitHub

rollup-plugin-purs

PureScript and Google Closure notes

SPJ: Kinds are calling convensions

2 THE KEY IDEA

Informally, we define the arity of a function as the number of arguments it must receive before “doing serious work”.

An uncurry Javascript attempt: GitHub - winston0410/uncurry: A package that helps you uncurry curried functions for performance boost.

“I’ve done this before on Fay … ” What is the state of the art minification/compression? - #13 by chrisdone

5 Likes