What is the state of Spork?

I’m interested in Elm-like UI libraries in PS. There is a few around but I would want to use an actively maintained library. Spork looks simple with clean API but the last commit was in 2018; is this OK?

Are you aware of another library that is being actively maintained?

@natefaubion stated on the PureScript Slack channel that he still maintains Spork and updates it for new versions of PureScript; he says it’s just “complete for its purpose,” meaning that there probably won’t be new features added. Thus, there is no harm in using Spork.

1 Like

I’m using spork engine (its EventLoop, Interpreter etc.) as a base for our internal simple canvas renderer (probably not worth publishing ;-)) and I’m really happy with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@mhmdanas is correct. I maintain it enough to keep it updated and working as the ecosystem changes. I have no plans to introduce new features or change the API. I’m happy to consider PRs and fixes as well, just please open an issue first for discussion.

6 Likes

Thank you all.

How would you recommend to handle routing? Elm (and bucklescript-tea) have a Navigation module that helps with listening to route changes.

I like the routing library. You can find some examples in the cookbook.
There’s also routing-duplex.

1 Like