Small PureScript online meetup - 2020-08-03 (12:00 UTC)

2020-08-03T00:00:00Z

Everybody is more than welcome!

I think that we can give google meet a try this time as @f-f already suggested. I’ve created meetup room here (I’m going to accept all invitations whenever I’m online):

Timezone converter: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20200727T120000&p1=1440&p2=137&p3=44

5 Likes

I’m not making it to this one, but have some developments to share:

• An FAQ is in progress. Please contribute if you think of anything to add.

• Working on adding some features to Try PureScript. You can give the demo a shot at try.ps.ai and read about the proposed changes in the PR.

3 Likes

Not able to make this either, as it’s quite early on the west coast of the US, but I’m glad to see these continuing regularly!

2 Likes

Wow. These Try Purescript updates look really, really nice! Thanks for sharing the info - we are going to take a look at it during the meetup.

1 Like

Yeah, the 12:00 UTC mode is rather dedicated for people from “ASEAN” to CEST timezone :wink: The next time we are going to start at 19:00 UTC.

@thomashoneyman could you please write what do you think about calendar plugin mentioned by @milesfrain in the other thread? Are we going to give it a try?

From my side I want to briefly talk about progress related to react-basic-mui - a biding to Material UI (component library for react) and show a repo with examples.

I’m trying to join the meetup, but at first nobody was able to hear me, and now it says “You can’t join this video call.” What should I do?

Oh, could you try once again? If it won’t work I will create a new room.

That was a great meetup. I learned a lot of new stuff. Thank you @paluh!

2 Likes

It was really nice to discuss with you Guys.
@seanyu4296 - thanks for the short introduction into your routing / codegen approach.

3 Likes

was a pleasure to meet you also! see you on the next meetup

3 Likes

Oh, I messed up… I wanted to join this meeting but I did not pay attention to the time! Do you guys mind sharing what you talked about ?

2 Likes

Yeah, sure. It was really, really tiny PS meetup ;-).

• We have checked updates related to try.purescript.org and faq (by @milesfrain) and cookbook updates.
  • @mhmdanas shortly talked about his PS use cases and as a side note he described high level difference between flutter and react-native.
  • @seanyu4296 showed us routing and codegen solution which he uses together with JV on the frontend / backend.
  • I’ve showed some minor updates related to react-basic-mui bindings and widget examples page.
  • We have talked a bit about difference between transformers (and tagless final) vs run.
4 Likes

Next time, can you announce at least a week in advance? I always check the summary email, but don’t open the Discourse often enough. I would have joined :sweat_smile: I just read the email from yesterday. Maybe this new calendar plugin will help.

1 Like

The next one has been already announced

1 Like

@toastal Fair point. For sure we will try to keep more appropriate time distance when announcing next meetups too :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe meetups should also be announced in Slack?

1 Like

Snap. That’s 2-3AM my time :frowning: I’ll see what I can do, but that’s not quite convenient. Judging by the time of this event, it seems the time schedules fluctuate though.

1 Like

Yeah, we currently loop between 19:00 UTC and 12:00 UTC. This fluctuating model works quite well so far :wink:

2 Likes

Meetings have been very nice so far but if someone is in a timezone that never seems to work with these, let’s by all means have more!

1 Like