The Second Annual PureScript Survey!

I’m excited to announce the second annual PureScript Survey :confetti_ball:

The survey opens today, March 15th, and stays open for one week. It closes on March 22nd.

Our first survey helped us understand our community better and had a direct impact on contributions to the ecosystem and community governance. We’re confident that the second survey will have a similar impact and we’re eager to hear your thoughts and act upon them.

I very much hope that you’ll take a moment to fill out the survey. Even if you’re not using PureScript, we want to hear from you. Here is a link to the survey: PureScript Annual Survey 2023. In addition to filling it out, please feel free to share it. A heartfelt thanks in advance to all who participate this year!

9 Likes

I would just like to report that on mobile I found scrolling to often accidentally select answers. I know that in at least one case I selected something unintentionally, but the survey caught it because it just so happened to be an “Other” that I left blank. So this could slightly throw off the data.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know this.
What device and browser are you using? I can report the issue to Surveymonkey.

Hello all!

We have decided to extend the PureScript survey by one week, so the new closing date is March 29: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3X287PM. Like last year, future-PureScripters (those who don’t use the language) are responding in higher rates than current-PureScripters (those who do). We’d like to balance things out!

If you are on this Discourse and haven’t filled out the survey, please do!! Your responses have a direct impact on the evolution of the language.

So pretty please with sugar on top, even if you don’t have time to fill it out now, open the tab as a reminder and get to it whenever you have time. Future generations of PureScripters will thank you for your diligence!

4 Likes

It’s now 4/24 and I just filled out the survey. (I didn’t scroll down to see the close date until after filling it out.) If my answers don’t get used, that’s OK, but I wonder whether the Survey Monkey survey should be closed.

1 Like

Welcome!
I will make sure they’re used - it was an oversight on my part (I accidentally opened it up again when I was doing an export).
Thanks for flagging this!

2 Likes